Sunday, May 31, 2009

SHIFTS and SHEDS


Old storage building soon to be pottery shed.


Good area underneath table for storing clay. Table will be
covered in canvas for wedging clay.


Rick places nails in a random arrangement on a weathered
old board that will be used to hang tools.


Old metal shelf for all my supplies.




Charlotte Munoz came to help paint and also added her
artistic touch.

Charlotte loves trees and so having her add
one of her famous trees was a good idea.
I will add a few golden gingko leaves and
the words "Ginko Leaf Studio" to the outside.
It's all for fun and mostly for my eyes since
we live on a road with no outlet.

Once I got the word that one of our storage buildings could be all mine, the wheels (mental and pottery) began to turn. Here are a few prelimenary shots of my newest project...a pottery shed. More photos as it progresses. Thank you, Charlotte, for painting me a tree. I could have done it, but I really wanted her spirit to be included in this project as will be so many other artists' before it is all finished. I have a special connection to the gingko leaf, therefore the name of my little shed will be Gingko Leaf Studio. Inside will be a pottery wheel, shelves, a wedging table, room for storage and artwork all over the walls to remind me of friends and students. The electrician will be out in about a week and then a small A/C unit and I should be able to withstand anything Texas heat can deal out. I think it will be a haven.

SHIFTS
There was a shift in her-
breaking, discarding, renovating.
She began to dream
and ponder with renewed
sense of wonder her world
ajar and raw.

Claudia Lowery

MAY 2009

1 comment:

DENO said...

Looking Good