Saturday, June 13, 2009

GINGKO LEAF STUDIO


Welcome to my pottery shed...Gingko Leaf Studio.


A work in progress.


My creative corner.


Wedging table covered in canvas donated by DENOART.





The brightly painted flowers were by
a couple of my sixth graders.


Storage shelves also hold treasures...a tile by Dennis O'Bryant
won at the ArtPort fundraiser in Shreveport, broken pottery,
one of my gingko leaf bowls, and a variety of Jesus pictures
which serve as inspiration for the Christ head series I am
working on.

I have been feeling frustrated for a long time at not having a proper place at home to work on my clay. I go to class one day/week, but when I tried to work at home it was a mess. I basically did a little at school in my art room, but home was where I needed to spread out. Rick finally said I could have a whole building to myself. After cleaning out the space, a friend who is a licensed electrician is wiring it with a plug on every wall plus one for the A/C so desperately needed in East Texas. I threw a piece of clay last night just to initiate the space. I really look forward to having this zone just for creating and escaping. Next project...saving for an electric kiln.

No comments: