Saturday, November 29, 2008

FLASHBACK


Well, I opened the mail today and happily found a photo I'd never seen before. My friend, Stefan Wanstrom who lives in Austin sent it to me. This is me in 1974 standing next to my first car, a Karmann Ghia, and man does is look way more pitiful than I remember it. I paid $400 for it and drove it without adequate brakes most of the time. By the look of it I don't think the tires or windows were much better. I sure did have some good ol' times in that little car, though. The child is Micah Vaughn, son of Gayle and Bobby Vaughn. I was at Gayle's duplex for a visit (her VW is on the left) and someone posed us and snapped the shutter. I was a happy hippie girl back then in March 1974. It really takes me back to a good time in my life. I drove the Ghia for a year, sold it to Donnie Wesson for $400, and within 6 months he was in a serious wreck and it was totaled. He was alright, but the KG went to a junkyard somewhere. Sad...

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

cute!

hey i've had a blogspot for a while, I decided to post some stuff on it. charlottesarts.blogspot.com. go read the piece i just put up there, i think you might enjoy it.

see you for lunch tomorra'.
char